Gaming on the quarter table inspired me to throw together another 3 tiles, so now the table is half completed. Unfortunately I’ve used all of the flagstone tiles I had cast and I’m out of plaster so it will be some time before the final tiles get assembled. The new tiles are in the foreground of this photo. I masked off those brown areas and drybrushed them after painting the gray.
The balsa ship is progressing as well. I’ve built up hull on both sides and now it’s down to the detailing including the basketwork and the whole stern of the vessel. I may try working in a few of those Freebooter gargoyles. I plan to go for ‘schooner’ style rigging with some simple sails suspended from gaffs that extend back from the masts.